Visit the Happy Herd
Thank you for your interest in visiting the farm. The animals love visitors!
First things first – please understand that this is a private farm, and the forever home for the animals that live here. For this reason, we do not have public viewing hours, but instead, offer small group tours. This allows for a personalized and very comprehensive experience, led by the owners, or one of our dedicated volunteers.
We do not charge admission, but rather ask that you consider the experience you have had and make a donation to the farm at the end of your tour. There is a QR code to scan that links directly to our donation form – your tax receipt will follow immediately thereafter.
To make your tour the best it can be, please review the following:
Prior to your tour:
- Please check the day before for confirmation of your tour. Inclement weather or unforeseen issues at the farm could result in having to reschedule. When it rains, the animals generally retreat to their houses and it makes the tour less fun.
- All guests must read the online liability waiver (link on this page) and indicate their acceptance on the tour booking form.
- Your tour time has been especially managed and the farm prepared for your arrival. Please don’t cancel without sufficient notice.
- Your Tour Guide may text you should inclement weather require the tour to be rescheduled.
For your tour:
- Guests are encouraged to wear closed-toe shoes, and clothing you don’t mind getting a little dirty. Aside from the gift shop, the tour is outdoors so dress appropriately for the weather.
- Children are welcome, but must be accompanied by adult. Your Guide will be bringing you right into the animal enclosures, so keeping an eye on little ones keeps them safe and is less stressful on the animals.
- Parking – there is space along the shoulder of our dead end road just outside the farm gate. Enter using the single gate to the left of the Main gate. Proceed along the gravel driveway to the left, and your Guide will meet you at the designated area.
- There is a port a pottie on site, but no handwashing other than sanitizer.
- Please do not feed anything to the animals unless it is offered to you first by your Guide.
- At the end of your tour, you are invited to visit our gift shop. It is stocked with clothing and other farm goodies. Accepted payments include card or cash, or e transfer. Your Guide will help you.
Frequenty Asked Questions
How many people can be in my tour group?
Large groups can overwhelm the animals. Their safety and comfort is of utmost importance. Also, we want to give you a very personalized experience, so for those reasons, groups are limited to a maximum of 6.
Can I bring my dog?
Please leave your pet at home. There is a dog (and four cats) on the farm that would not appreciate a newcomer.
Can I take photos?
Of course! We would be delighted if you would share any photos on social media by tagging us @thehappyherd. There’s a great selfie wall too!
Is the farm wheelchair accessible?
The main road into the farm is hard packed (not paved) and on a dry day may be suitable for a wheelchair. Most of the animals could be viewed from the main road. The animal areas however are soft, sometimes muddy and would not be accessible. We also have a golf cart on site that we could transport someone on if that would be helpful.
Release and Waiver of Liability for Happy Herd Farm Sanctuary Society